,

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

An act of heroism Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 words

An act of heroism - Essay object lessonIf a dog from the Humane Society is adopted, it gives them a second chance. Due to the volume of stray pets left field on the street, some Humane Societies still put dogs and cats to sleep. I cannot bear to think of dogs being killed, tho because of human error. The human error begins when a pet is not spade or neutered. Then when a pet becomes to much or unwanted, they are turned out on the streets due to human error. So I decided to visit the local Humane Society to find a new pet.I had decided a German Shepard mix, or maybe a lab would make the best pet. In the viewing room, dogs barked and howled. All that was present on the day I went were small and medium dogs. I did not find a dog that felt right. Dejectedly I went out of the viewing room, running into a Humane Society worker.He pointed me to the Big Dog and Small Dog rooms down the hallway. I walked to the Big Dog room. This room was three times the size of the viewing room. Around for ty cages were seamed up in four rows. German Shepards, labs, and other large dogs were in almost every cage. I walked up and down the aisles. One dog caught my eye. He looked like a fur ball sitting on a pillow. I knew if he was given a pillow, he was sick or expert had surgery. No one had picked up his card. I was not sure if I could take care of a large sick dog. However no other dog caught my eye. I decided not to situate the big dog.After I left the Humane Society without a dog, I felt guilty. My judgment kept going back to the large white and gray fur ball. After two days, I decided to go back. If the white and gray fur ball was still there, I would adopt him. When I went back to the Big Dog room, the white and gray fur ball was there. I grabbed his card and took it to the campaign desk.The worker told me this dog was in bad shape. He was an Alaskan Malamute. His fur was so matted that the workers could not tell if he was a boy or girl at first. He could not

No comments:

Post a Comment